Since the days of Pentecost there is no record of the sudden and direct work of the Spirit of God upon the souls of men that has not been accompanied by events more or less abnormal. It is, indeed, on consideration, only natural that it should be so. We cannot expect an abnormal inrush of Divine light and power, so profoundly affecting the emotions and changing the lives of men, without remarkable results. As well expect a hurricane, an earthquake, or a flood, to leave nothing abnormal in its course, as to expect a true Revival that is not accompanied by events quite out of our ordinary experience. – A. T. Schofield
Just as all normal people have the same facial characteristics, yet the characteristics in the faces of all people are arranged differently; these revivals have the same facial characteristics — they reflect God’s presence — yet they have different faces; which means the revivals were expressed in different ways.
These nine faces of revival in the book, Rivers of Revival, are:
1. Repentance Revival: emphasis on cleaning up one’s life and society.
2. Evangelism Revival: emphasis on winning souls to Christ.
3. Worship Revival: emphasis on magnifying God.
4. Deeper Life Revival: experiencing God’s indwelling.
5. Spiritual Warfare Revival: battling demons and Satan.
6. Holy Spirit Revival: emphasis on the Spirit’s manifestations.
7. Reconciliation Revival: removing barriers to racial harmony.
8. Liberation revival: freeing from corporate and personal bondage to sin.
9. Prayer Revival: an enormous movement of intercession and prayer.
What aspect (or face) of revival do you see happening? Leave your comments…