On Christmas eve I was stuck waiting for a taxi. And wouldn’t you know it, I was standing in the part of the road where 2 years earlier on Valentines day myself and another person – as a part of an outreach – we had come to pray for the ladies who work there. If you know what I mean.
So I was standing there, trying to get to Christmas evening service and all this stuff was going on around me. A gay guy tried to talk to me. Three guys dressed as woman. And countless people in cars driving by giving me looks, I can only imagine what they were thinking seeing me standing there.
I was waiting for a bus. But little did I know this was not the bus stop!! So when the bus finally did arrive it drove right past me. Gah. Eventually I found a taxi and hired it and I got to church 10 mins late. Not too bad.
Being late I was stuck on chairs outside. BUT. I could see the words on the screen and I was cool outside. I am in the southern hemisphere, so Christmas is swelteringly hot here. Yum. Beach! So actually God was not only testing me, but blessing me by delaying me. Everyone else in the church was cramped and very hot, I stood outside in the coolth and saw the words with clarity and it was wonderful.
Then when I got home I realised I had left my phone back at church!! I had not planned to go in the morning again… but now I had to. And Im so glad I did. I took communion the night before, and now 8 hours later I took it again… and I felt God’s Spirit fall all around me, like I was circled from Heaven.
I sat down in the church and I could see so clearly.
We need to get praying. In public areas. Small groups. First one group, then more groups. First in this city, then eventually in all cities.
This is what we believe…
- He [Christ] shall have dominion also from sea to sea and from the River [Euphrates] to the ends of the earth.
except we believe it HAS happened, as a result of the cross. It is our faith that we HAVE received which opens the door to receiving. So we believe that we HAVE received… that He DOES reign in our city.
And this is our style of faith…
- prayer also shall be made for Him and through Him continually, and they shall bless and praise Him all the day long.
- His name shall endure forever; His name shall continue as long as the sun [indeed, His name continues before the sun].
- And men shall be blessed and bless themselves by Him; all nations shall call Him blessed!
And He will do this for us
What also excited me about those verses is that Jesus Christ – as He reigns – will do this
- For He delivers the needy when he calls out, the poor also and him who has no helper. He will have pity on the poor and weak and needy and will save the lives of the needy. He will redeem their lives from oppression and fraud and violence, and precious and costly shall their blood be in His sight.
- There shall be abundance of grain in the soil upon the top of the mountains [the least fruitful places in the land]; the fruit of it shall wave like [the forests of] Lebanon, and [the inhabitants of] the city shall flourish like grass of the earth.
“Abundance of grain” – what that means to me is that as we move in faith, declaring what He has done, He will bring prosperity to our city and He will restore the poor and the needy.
Considering the economic disaster that appears to be ahead of us, Im very excited that He has revealed His recovery plan – and that we are so central to that plan. It is through our faith that our cities will be restored.
And the promise is of great political support
- The kings of Tarshish and of the coasts shall bring offerings; the kings of Sheba and Seba shall offer gifts. Yes, all kings shall fall down before Him, all nations shall serve Him.
And as I pointed out, it’s up to me to believe we have received these things. And for anyone who see the promise and believe, it’s up to them to invest time and prayer in believing these things have already happened in their city too. Remember, it is faith which opens the door.
An incredible revival
This will be an incredible revival. Im not saying it will be easy. We will need great discipline and a determined commitment to have faith, to walk by faith.
We will need to learn new things, to study scripture and defend what we believe.